Thursday, September 7, 2017

Jarl Clem's Heresy

Jarl Clem’s Heresy - 07 Sept 2017
While searching in the Warp for Russ, I stumbled on some Tzeentch friends that have been quit amusing. I am going to use these articles to discuss my heresy.
I am not going to lie, I feel dirty when I play the army I am about to talk about. Why? Because it is cheeeeeezy!!! However it is very, very good. At ATC 2017 it went 5-1 and a small RTT it went 2-0-1. The one lost was in my defense against 5 storm ravens, and if I played that list again after understanding it, I think I could possibly beat it. 



Now people can say what they want, but theme and fluff wise, I feel that is right on par with what Papa Tzeentch would expect. I am going to look at a few of those units today:
HQ – The Changeling
  • First off I enjoyed painting this guy, just looks cool. His buff…mmhm! 9” bubble -1 to hit all Tzeentch daemons. Really good. In a game that requires you to hit your opponent’s models, automatically drops their chances by 16% is a 100 point steal. Also can cast smite, and make him warlord and leadership buff the troops.
HQ – Daemon Prince w/ wings and talons (3 of these dudes)
  • I had never seen a Daemon Prince modeled with malefic talons before. Well that’s all I see now. Solid 180 model with flying (one of the best abilities in the game), 7 attacks, and smite power. For their Chaos mark I have seen different options, I do think mathematically the Nurgle one is much more durable, however Tzeentch is for me. I like the 4++ and -1 aura with the changeling.
HQ – Malefic Lord (5 of these guys).
  • Yes these guys are pretty stupid. By far the most efficient unit in the game. For 30 points I get a full strength smite character that has a 4++, and have the possibility at going super-saiyan if I perils. 
Now looking at these three units, I think you get an idea of what they do. Sit back and use mind bullets to kill my enemy. With just these units, I have 9 smites a turn. A little quick math: 8 of 9 actually cast with d3 mortal wounds each would = about 16 mortal wounds. Now that is dependent on my opponent’s army composition, and if I dipped my dice in virgin blood before the game. However anyone that has played smite spam can tell you that it is nasty and must be respected and prepared for.

To be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment